Skip to main content

Nashville Antics

 In June, I met up with Lisa B. Kamps, Michelle Monkou (and her daughter), and Julia Canchola for a writer's retreat in Nashville, Tennessee. That week turned out to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life!

Get ready for my virtual slideshow!


  • We ate delicious food and had some amazing drinks:
 (Bavarian Bierhaus, in Opry Mills Mall)

(Jack's BBQ, on Broadway)
(Sangria at Rock Bottom on Broadway)
(Happy Gilmore at Nelson's Green Brier Distillery)


We had a great time sightseeing, visiting a lot of the places that make Nashville, well, Nashville.

  • We went honky-tonking, my favorite place being Nashville Palace. The grilled cheese with ham was to die for, as were the apple pie moonshine margaritas that Lisa insisted we try! Josh, our server, was the more adorable introduction to the great Tennesseans we encountered.


  • On Friday, June 23rd, we went to the Grand Ole Opry to for the radio show.



  •  On Saturday, we hit some of the big attractions in the city. We saw Bridgestone Arena, where the Pens got to lift the Stanley Cup this year as back-to-back champs! We walked along Broadway, where all the honky tonks are. It was busy, even before noon—and it was packed before 5:00pm! We toured Nelson's Green Brier Distillery and tried some bourbon during at a tasting. We hung out at the Parthenon, a one-to-one replica of the one in Athens. And we toured Music Row, where recording artists lay down the tracks for their albums. We saw the famous RCA Studio B, where some of the biggest musicians have recorded their hits.










  •  And I got some great pictures of travel on the way back:
(Statue of Liberty)

(Manhattan)
(Downtown Pittsburgh)









  •  We went shopping at the Opry Mills Mall, and I bought the cutest boots that I've been wanting forever! They're classic-looking cowboy boots with some great accessories. I had almost given up my search when Lisa showed me these. Even better, they're comfortable! I love these boots!
 



 There's more, of course, but this trip to Nashville was more than a chance to relax and visit Music City (although I did feel completely refreshed after a week away from my everyday life). It was a writer's retreat, which meant this was a working vacation. 


 I made some major headway with False Start, and I got a lot of other stuff done too. All my books are now available via Google Play. I have a production schedule in place through 2018 and new covers in the works for next year's planned releases.
 I learned so much from my fellow writers. They were encouraging, supportive, and always ready to help with their insightful anecdotes and advice. Above all, I learned a lot about myself and my process as a writer. That week was invaluable to me, and I can't thank Lisa enough for inviting me and including me!

 Nashville was a great way to end the first half of 2017; there's still so much yet to come this year, and I feel ready for it all! July itself is shaping up to be a busy month, and I'm trying to ride the wave of productivity from Nashville while back home in PA.

 Here's hoping y'all are enjoying your summers! If you want to tell me about your vacations, feel free to do so in the comments. Otherwise, happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hottie Hockey Hunks Blog Hop—GIVEAWAY!

Good morning, and happy hockey! Today is officially the start of the 2013-14 NHL season, and I for one couldn't be happier. Well, I'll be happier on Thursday when the Penguins play the Devils for the season opener, but I suppose I'm just being picky. Anyway. Have you ever heard of a blog hop? I hadn't—until I was invited to join one! So let me explain: bloggers with common interests unite to promote each other. So below, I have a link of seven other hockey romance writers you might be interested in. If you're familiar with me, then you've probably heard of Melanie Ting—a fellow writer who got her start in Blogger. But you should check out these other ladies and maybe find some new authors to enjoy! As a part of the Hottie Hockey Hunks Blog Hop , I'm sponsoring a giveaway (cue flashing lights! Cue trumpets!). I've decided to give a free copy of my new novel, Shots on Net , to one lucky reader who comments on this post! Please leave your e-mail addre

Remember Me?

*Knock, knock* Anybody out there? Or, better yet, anybody remember me? It's Jay! I haven't completely disappeared, or fallen off the face of the earth. I took a break from posting stories here on Blogger in order to try my hand at writing novels. So many of you, my lovely devoted readers, have left me comments saying that my writing's just as good--sometimes better!--than the books you've read. I especially received a lot of encouragement from fellow Blogger Melanie Ting , who has successfully e-published her first story! So I'm trying my hand at writing full-length novels, and I have lots of new material that I'm e-publishing through Amazon through 2013. First up, I'm publishing Play the Man , a reworked version of A Sharp Contrast. I changed the characters and updated the story, and I'm really happy with the finished product. Here's a peek at the cover:    I love it! What do you think? The story will go live on Amazon later tonight (

If April Showers Bring May Flowers, Do May Flowers Bring June Bugs?

Y'all. May was a crazy month. I had so much fun in Niagara Falls and Gettysburg, attending those two author events (Romancing the Falls and Rockin' Romance Readers, respectively). Mama J came with me, and we had a blast hanging out with  Lisa B. Kamps  again, meeting Christine and Victoria of Sweet & Sassy Reads , and loading up our shelves with books by new-to-us authors! Oh yeah, and I had a book come out, too. :) So even though May was awesome, I'm a little bit glad it's over. I'm still celebrating my latest release, but I'm also getting to work on what's to come. Things I'm up to: Proofing the paperback copy of  Dump and Chase  before announcing that paperbacks are for sale! Working on getting the paperback for  "Christmas Crosscheck"  up and hopefully available for pre-order (I hear it's kind of complicated; for those in the know, Amazon changed their paperback process and I hear some people aren't able to have pre