There was a lot of stressful change in March and April, but I feel like my life is slowly starting to even out again. One of my resolutions was to get three books published this year, and the past two months have definitely thrown a wrench into my writing schedule.
I was able to get a lot of writing done this weekend—enough to get the first half sent off to my critique partner. So, while it's taken a lot longer than I had planned, BREAKOUT PLAY is moving along.
Another resolution of mine was to go to the gym three times a week. I stopped going once Maxie was sick and needed to receive medications and fluid therapy. And once the Flynn and Anna came home, I wanted to be home to make sure they were adjusting well. I hope to pick up my gym routine again soon.
My third resolution was to get organized. I'm still working on that, too. Since my last update, I've:
- hung my purses and scarves on hooks in my closet, to organize
- worked on getting a shelf installed in my closet and also some additional shelving in my living room as well.
- given away items to the local Goodwill, in the hopes that someone can use the things I don't need anymore.
- cleaned out some of my fridge and freezer and organized my kitchen cupboards.
- moved my hobby/craft area into my office and organized that as well. I have some scrapbooking I'd like to do, but that is a project for another time.
- built a cat tree for Flynn and Anna in the space where the hobby/craft area was in the living room, and set up a window seat against the sliding glass doors overlooking my balcony, giving them a space and furniture of their own. I also rewrapped the cat pedestal with new sisal rope for scratching.
- reorganized my linen closet.
That's pretty much what I've been up to; not exactly very exciting!
As for May, I plan to do a lot more writing. I'll post some teasers and short excerpts from BREAKOUT PLAY on my Facebook author page as I have them, so you can see what I'm working on.
And of course, to see what else I'll be up to this month check out below for a schedule of events!
Keeping Up With the Jacobses:
- All month long: I'll be in the Sin Bin all month long as the Stanley Cup Playoffs continue. If you're not a member of this Facebook group, you don't know what you're missing!
- Monday, May 23: Some awesome hockey romance authors (and myself) will be hosting a Facebook event, For the Love of the Cup, from 4:00 to 11:00 pm. We're gonna celebrate the Stanley Cup playoffs, the teams who've made it, those who haven't, and the hot hockey players who devote themselves to the game.